To support, encourage and assist homeless and social exclusion people, regardless of background, to improve their lives, by equipping them with skills sustain tenancies, employment and integration into the wider community.
- Devise and deliver a programme of basic computer skills over the year, based on identified individual needs.
- To provide resources and advice on accessing training and education, with a goal to enhance employment opportunities.
Whitechapel values diversity and as such recognises that guests (guests are defined as any person who benefits from any services of The Whitechapel Mission as a participant in any of our programmes) come from a diverse range of cultural, ethnic and religious backgrounds. The staff will ensure that the Community Member's needs and wants are responded to in a pro active way whilst ensuring equal access to services and support that reflects their diverse needs.
Support provided by the Lifeskills Staff
The Lifeskills staff will offer a full range of services at their disposal i.e. within the Whitechapel Mission, their locality and the local authority and other support agencies as appropriate. Areas of support offered to guests are:
- Enabling guests to develop their ability to live independently and sustain a tenancy
- Develop and maintain guests involvement initiatives within the Mission and the local community
- Budgeting skills
- Job applications
- Benefits applications
- Meaningful occupation in managing and sustaining a tenancy
- Assist the guests in developing and maintaining family and social networks
- Respond to needs as they arise, to deliver a pro active service.
Copyright 2020. All Rights Reserved - Site designed and maintained by Whitechapel Mission staff